APEX bridges the gap between sensor and analyst in the evolving field of intelligence analysis. APEX tightly couples analysts, operators, and engineers to produce an unmatched level of problem-solving capacity for any situation.
Spanning various disciplines, including geospatial intelligence (GEOINT), signals intelligence (SIGINT), and human intelligence (HUMINT) analysis, APEX analysts, operators, and engineers work with operational mission partners to deliver novel technology, tactics, techniques, and procedures (T3P), relevant and modern training, and innovative technology solutions.
If you are a motivated individual willing to tackle challenging, and interesting problems, come be a part of our dynamic team!
Apex Expert Solutions is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed professional to fill the role of Software Engineer. This position serves as the primary code writer within the multi-disciplinary Agile Development team and an integral member of the organization’s analytic teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with personnel internal and external to the organization to receive and validate requirements.
- Prepares and designs specifications, conceptual diagrams, process flows, data models, prototypes, user interface designs, use cases, screen layouts, test plans, deployment plans, system documentation, and occasionally user documentation and product demonstrations.
- Provides iterative support to the full software life cycle, to include late stage solutions with additions, updates, and fixes.
- Proficiency in two or more of the following programming languages: C#, Java, .NET, Python, Perl, or similar
- Experience with multiple operating systems including Linux, Windows, and Cisco IOS
- Experience with all intelligence disciplines (GEOINT, HUMINT, MASINT, OSINT, and SIGINT) and an expert level understanding of the data and tools associated with these disciplines
- Experience with SQL query writing, data retrieval, data mining from relational databases such as Oracle (PL/SQL), Postgres, and MS SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Proficiency in analytic algorithm design and implementation
- Web services environment and technologies such as XML, KML, SOAP, and JSON
- Proficiency in ETL processes, including document parsing techniques
- Proficiency in multi-threaded, big data, distributive cloud architectures and frameworks including Hadoop, MapReduce, Cloudera, Hive, Spark, and Elastic Search for the purposes of conducting analytic algorithm design and implementation
- Experience with a NoSQL database such as Titan, Mongo, Cassandra, and HBase
- Proficiency in processing, and managing large data sets (multi TB scale)
- Experience with the following:
- Machine learning, data mining, and knowledge discovery
- Container configuration and implementation; Docker or similar
- Application integration, thorough understanding of complex network topologies, understanding of system security and risk management
- Mobile OS and app languages including IOS and Android
- Graphical user interface and data visualization tools and protocols such as HTML 5, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Data transfer systems such NiFi
- Text processing: NPL, NER, entity retrieval (e.g. Solr/Lucene), topic extraction, summarization, clustering, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields preferred
- COMPTIA Security+ certification or CISSP certification
- ITIL certificate preferred
- 5+ years as a Software Engineer
- Must be a U.S. person
- TS/SCI +CI Poly
- Springfield, VA
To learn more about Apex Expert Solutions, please see our website at: http://www.apexxs.com/
Apex Expert Solutions Diversity Commitment
To harness the power of innovation, Apex Expert Solutions invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
Apex Expert Solutions is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Apex Expert Solutions and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org