Hadoop Application Developer
Duties and Responsibilities
- We are seeking a motivated and talented engineer to participate and contribute to a fast-paced agile development team that is working on advanced image processing and computer vision algorithms. The successful candidate will combine knowledge of image processing, computer vision, machine learning algorithms, and software development skills to propose and develop solutions for next-generation capabilities for operationally focused special mission military units.
- Research and develop advanced image processing, computer vision and machine learning algorithms including face detection, face recognition, feature extraction, image restoration, scene segmentation, target detection, classification and tracking, data fusion, and geo-referencing and geo-registration.
- Minimum 3 years of researching and developing algorithms for image and video processing, machine learning, computer vision, and image understanding applications.
- Expertise in machine learning, object detection and estimation, target detection and tracking, video fusion and video geo-referencing and geo-registration
- Expertise in mathematical modeling, simulations and algorithm performance evaluation
- Algorithm implementation in a high-level language (Java/Python/C++)
- Algorithm prototyping with Matlab/Python
- Experience with OpenCV framework
- Demonstrated effective and successful verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technological degree
- U.S. citizen
- Full life cycle software application development experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
Hiring Company: APEX Expert Solutions LLC
APEX Expert Solutions delivers analytic services, technologies, and training curriculum in support of Department of Defense customers. APEX tightly couples analysts, engineers, and trainers to bring mission success.
APEX Benefits include 401k with employer matching, 15-days Paid Time Off annually plus 10 Federal Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, Healthcare, Dental, and Vision.
Position Type: Full Time Employee